- Satellite Communication Sector
- Satellite Manufacture Sector
Satellite Bus System Design
HOMEProductSatellite Bus System Design
Selected as a managing developer of the multipurpose satellite, KOMPSAT-3A, in March 2010, AP Satellite Inc.
took over the system design of low earth orbit satellites from Korea Aerospace Research Institute.
Based on satellite system designs, AP Satellite Inc. will undertake a wide range of satellite projects in Korea and become a leading commercial satellite developer in the industry.
AP Satellite Inc. took over the following satellite system design from Korea Aerospace Research Institute
- - Mission: earth observation
- - Orbit: 528km sun synchronous orbit
- - Power consumption: approx. 1.4kw
- - Mission life: 4 years
- - Specifications: diameter 2.0m, height 3.8m, weight 1,000kg (approx.)
- - Features: first satellite to have infrared sensors and 55cm optical resolution
- - Components: structure, power meter, TC&R (Telemetry, Command and Ranging), altitude and orbit control subsystem, thermal control system, propulsion system, flight software, payload
AP Satellite Inc. acquired the following technologies while developing the multipurpose satellite, KOMPSAT-3A
- - Comprehensive satellite core system technology
- - Bus shape/quality control technology
- - Bus thermal/structural analysis technology
- - Bus subsystem design/testing/validation technology
- - Bus AIT technology